Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Handmade weddings: framing flowers from your bouquet


Flowers are such a beautiful part of a wedding day but often very little thought is given to what to do with them after the day itself. This handmade weddings project is a way to keep and display a few of your beautiful blooms.

The day after our wedding I found myself bundling up little bouquets and giving them to friends and family as they left so that they wouldn't go to waste. However, I kept hold of my bouquet - I loved it. It sat on my knee all the way back to London. We were about to catch the Eurostar to Paris and I hadn't really thought about what I would do with the bouquet.

In a hopeful attempt to preserve a little of it's loveliness I quickly picked out a few of my favourite flowers, laid them out  between sheets of paper and kitchen roll and then placed them between the pages in a pile of heavy recipe books to press them and left them there while we were away (there are slightly more tried and tested ways to press your flowers - Martha Stewart explains how here). 

When we got home I was happily surprised with the results, some flowers didn't work so well but I was left with enough to frame.

   
Creating this display was very simple, I spent a few minutes arranging the pressed flowers, then used a small amount of spray adhesive on the back of each flower to stick them on a piece of brown parcel paper - you could obviously use any paper you like but I rather like the rustic look of brown paper. I put the finished display into a mount and frame. I'm quite pleased with the final result. What do you think?

x



No comments:

Post a Comment