Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2013

52 recipe challenge


I have read lots of brilliant blogs about New Years resolutions and goals over the last week and it got me to thinking about the year ahead and what I want to achieve. There are so many things. I have some big goals - like me and Mr E buying a house of our own. Some big dreams - like my plans for The Swan's Nest. And some smaller challenges to help me stay creative all year long - the 52 recipe challenge is one of them.

The idea of the 52 recipe challenge is to make one completely new recipe every week this year. I hoping that we'll uncover some delicious new recipes and improve my cookery skills along the way as well.

I spent about 3 hours on New Year's day searching through recipe books for things I want to try and now have a notebook full of ideas - these range from elaborate pork belly roast dinners to simple granola breakfasts but each one is new and I have never made it before. Each week we'll choose the recipe we want to try  and each month I'll let you know what I've made and how it went. I might even share a few recipes as I go along. So far I've made guay tiew nam moo (pork meatball noodle soup)- it was yummy!



This week's recipe challenge is a spicy kedgeree.

Does anyone want to join me in my recipe challenge?

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment