Pages

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Simple and scrumptious - chorizo and bean stew

 
 
This is one of those recipes that I tore out of a magazine (Olive I think) about a year ago and I return to again and again when I need a quick, cheap, tasty week night dinner. It is so simple and so scrumptious and I thought I'd share it.
 

 
 
You only need 6 ingredients and one pan to cook it in (recipe feeds 2 people):
 
- 1 onion, halved and sliced (I had shallots in the fridge so I used two of those instead)
- A glug of olive oil
- Chorizo, about 50g chopped into chunks
- Chicken stock,  250ml
- A tin of butter beans (drained and rinsed)
- Spinach, 100g (roughly chopped if the leaves are big, there's no need to chop it if you're using baby spinach)
 
Start by cooking the onion on a medium heat in 1 tsp of olive until it is soft and transparent, then add the sliced chorizo and fry for a few minutes until it starts to give out its oil and the pan turns a lovely orange colour like this.
 
 
 
Next add the chicken stock and simmer for a minute then add the beans and cook for 5 minutes until they have softened a little. Finally, stir in the spinach and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
 
 
Serve in bowls with some nice crusty bread to mop up the delicious broth.
 
This is what me and Mr E enjoyed for our dinner tonight. What are your week night go-to recipes?
 
H x
 


No comments:

Post a Comment